Sunday, March 6, 2011

Spinnakees Fiber Farm "Slippas"



Kelly Corbet of Romney Ridge Farm use to publish a cute flyer "We Fiber Folk". In this publication I gave her a pattern "Slippas". This was to be used with a bulky homespun. If using worseted weight, which I am, you need to either change needle size or cast on more stitches. If you are interested in knitting these "Slippas" you can either purchase the pattern from me, or buy a skein of my "Babydoll"/bunny from http://www.spinnakeesfarm.com/ and I will include the pattern, if you request it.




The above yarn is very soft and I am using one strand, if you want a more durable slipper use 2 strands.




I had to work on my income taxes yesterday so "no knitting". This am I have all the ridges done for the bottom of my slipper. Now to start the decreases.


This picture shows the bottom ridges of foot and decreases to top of slipper. My sheepees think this is the best pattern to show off their wool. Tune in later for finished "Slippas".


Next pair of "Slippas" I plan on using some of my goats Mohair around the cuff and maybe a little in the bottom for strength & to give them a primitive look. This is a picture of Birdy (front right), Letty (front left) and Letitia (in the back peeking over).
They all give me beautiful Mohair!


No comments: