Saturday, February 26, 2011

Spinnakees Fiber Farm's Zenyatta - What a beautiful Keeshonden. Project: Farm helment.

This is Zenyatta, my 9 month old Keeshonden pup. My Angora goats were wondering what she was doing in the front yard with me. My 2 older Keeshonden disappeared as they fear the sheep and goats. Not Zenyatta, she really loves all of my critters and is my constant companion. Lots of energy and very intelligent.
Hum, next project? How about a women's helmet using finger weight yarn from my Olde English "Babydoll" Southdown Sheep blended with Angora and Mohair? My mom made a couple helmets for the boys and used sports weight yarn from Spinnakees Fiber Farm. That yarn was wool and mohair. The pattern surprised me as it turned out to feel like Bulky and they were big. So I'm going to use size 9, 14" long circular needles (1 1/2 sizes smaller) and the fingering yarn. This might be a nice, light weight farm hat - spring or fall. Hope to have a picture of the finished project in a few days. Wish me luck!

No comments: