Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Old Fashion Mittens

These mittens can be worn on either hand. I love the rounded tops and the simple pattern. I used size 6 double pointed needles. I'm only changing needle size to change size of mitten. Size 6 for adult, Size 5 for teen and Size 4 for youth. Adjust length of thumb and mitten for size and no need to change number of stitches used. I made a baby sweater that did the same so why not our favorite patterns.
This shows the inside of the mitten. I carried the white yarn on the backside of the blue stitch until the end of the row and then let it hang until the next 4th row.

This is the second pair of mittens out of the same 2 skeins I started with. I am using size 5 double pointed needles. I hope to have enough yarn left to make a third pair using size 4 double pointed needles.

No comments: