Friday, January 21, 2011

2 Skeins of yarn: 3 mittens using different sized needles, but not changing count of stitches

On left mitten I have 10 stitches on yarn holder. On back 2 needles I have picked up 2 stitches on each needle.

Working on thumb & picking up stitches on back of thumb: On right mitten I knit the first 2 stitches together on one needle then knit the next 2 stitches together onto the first needle and then took 2 stitches off the holder and knit them onto the 1st needle (total of 4 stitches). I then took 4 more stitches off the yarn holder and knit them onto the 2nd needle and then took the last 4 stitches off the yarn holder and knit them onto the 3rd needle. Continue knitting in the round until thumb is at desired length.

I'm on my 3rd pair of mittens using the 2 skeins of yarn I started with. Two skeins each: 250 yards/4 oz. I have 2 oz left after 3 pairs of mittens.


Planning to make a simple rolled hat out of remaining yarn and maybe make it a "kitten" hat with ears, eyes and whiskers. Will post when done!

No comments: