Monday, November 16, 2009

Newfoundland Angora Stuffed Mittens

I just started a pair of Angora stuffed mittens and hope to have one finished tomorrow using Maine wool that I dyed in my crockpot. My mission is to type out a pattern given to me by my mother Margaret Rickett, formerly Margaret Slade of St. Anthony, NFLD. One of her chores was to knit mittens and socks for her family. She finally told me I'm knitting correctly. You know when you are a teen their is a certain rebellion going on and mine was trying to change her pattern to make it better? So in the end I found her method is still the best. It only took me 35 years to discover this. Wish me luck in preparing this mitten for a kit to sell at Artistree this November 27, 28 & 29. This kit will include a skein of yarn, pattern and 1/2 oz of Angora to use as stuffing. Let's see if I can finish at least one mitten to add to my blog tomorrow!

No comments: